GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A SUCCESSFUL PETITION
You may already have a cause or strategy in mind, but here are some simple tips to help you write an unbeatable petition.
- Research your topic so you understand the various positions fully. Researching your topic is also a good way to find out if someone has already started a similar petition.
- Find out how many signatures you need. This is very important. It would be horrible to set a goal of 1,000 signatures, reach it, and then realise you need 2,000. Also look up whether or not your petition needs approval before being circulated.
- Use simple and appropriate words to make people understand what you are fighting for. It's important to carefully make your point, but it's also important to do so politely. Potential signers are turned off by rude or offensive petitions even if they are sympathetic to the goals you are trying to achieve.
- Africans Demand Progress provides a strong way to create Petitions and bring positive changes in Africa, and simultaneously bring awareness to important issues in Africa. However, if they are not produced in a compelling fashion, reader interest can be jeopardised.
- It’s important to fully think through your petition before, during, and after the writing process. You want to make sure your purpose and objectives are clear, and that you are appealing to a range of people in the most effective way.
- Proper research: A petition should begin with a request, followed by well-researched reasons for making the request. Each petition should provide a description of relevant circumstances and links to documentation or facts that support that description. Moreover, a petition should contain information that suggests its request is feasible.
These step-by-step are the guidelines for how to write the best petition possible.
Take your time, and then get ready, and spring into action. Writing is a powerful vehicle for change. Start writing!
YOU CAN HELP.
Will you stand and look without act/push up your voice or your idea to make the changes happen now? We are calling you. Let’s make Africa a better place to live.
Start a Petition
Freedom of speech is the right to communicate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship.
Unity and solidity are the only ways to progress in what we are doing. Please help us to keep fighting for a better future of Africa.
We need your help to spread the word about the changes we are making. Join our movement, together we can make a difference!